VHS Video to DVD/Editing Service
Do you have old VHS Videos that you would like converted to DVD or video files that
you would like edited. We can do the transfer or editing for you. We may also be
able to transfer data from other media, so please don’t hesitate to ask us. There
are three levels of service:
1) Video to DVD Transfer Only
2) Video to DVD Transfer + Editing
3) Video Editing Only
Here is what you get with each of the levels
Video to DVD Transfer Only
- A DVD that can be played in any DVD-Player that plays DVD-R discs with a standard
printed Label that suits the topic of your video at no extra cost. You can also provide
your own design which will cost no extra if we do not need to edit it (please ask
us for page sizes before creating your design). We can do custom designs, but a fee,
outlined below, is charged.
- The DVD will contain an opening menu and chapters . We manually create the chapters
so that the chapters point to logical places, rather than random places.
- A DVD case with a standard printed cover that suits the topic of your video at no
extra cost. You can also provide your own design which will cost no extra if we do
not need to edit it (please ask us for page sizes before creating your design). We
can do custom designs, but a fee, outlined below, is charged.
- A second backup DVD that provides you with a backup of all the files we used to create
the DVD. This can be used in the event that you need any adjustments or corrections
done at a later date, or you need another copy of the first DVD for whatever reason.
It saves us from having to recopy the whole video again. It will also contain a file
that can be transferred to your computers hard drive.
Note that if you do not want to transfer the entire VHS video this service allows
you to specify a starting and ending points on the video. The video must be fast
forwarded to the starting point before we receive the video. If you want to cut scenes
out of the video between the starting and ending point, then you will need to use
the Transfer with Editing service.
Video to DVD Transfer + Editing
Includes ALL the features of the Video to DVD Transfer Only service plus the following
- Delete unwanted scenes from the video
- Changed the order of scenes
- Add scenes from another video
- Remove sound
- Add sound or music (this covers labour, but cost of material may apply and anything
added must be legal)
- Add text either on top of scenes or in between scenes
- Add transitions between scenes
- Add basic non time consuming effects to video to improve video quality. Customers
needing advanced effects which are more time consuming will need to use the Editing
Only service, along with the Video to DVD Transfer Only service.
- We may decide to include other options as well depending on circumstances.
Video Editing Service
This may be used in conjunction with the Video to DVD Transfer Only to provide you
with better options than the Video to DVD Transfer + Editing Service, or it may also
be used if you simply have a video file that you would like edited. This is charged
on a per hour of work basis rather than a per hour of original video basis, and therefore
you are restricted only by that which our video editing software (Pinnacle Studio
Ultimate Version 12) can handle, and we may be able to do a little more than that
depending on the specific circumstances.
- Anything we do for customers is bound by the laws of Australia. That is we can only
copy video material that is considered to be your own work. If work is given to us
by a customer that is falsely claimed to be your own then the customer is to be held
- While the greatest care is taken with videos that are given/sent to us, we are not
responsible for any loss or damage done to tapes/property, or any damage that is
a result of the loss or damage of a tape/property, whether it be loss of your profits
or whatever damage you incur.
- Videos MUST NOT contain anything that promotes anything that is illegal, and appropriate
action will be taken should we come across such videos.
- Videos also MAY NOT contain anything that promotes violence, or anything of a sexual
nature. We also reserve the right to reject a video if we deem it to contain inappropriate
- Customers posting items to us or requiring items posted back to them should opt to
use Express or Registered post. We do not accept any responsibility should items
get lost in the mail. We will however help you to track them.
- The customer will be asked to sign that they accept these conditions before using
Cost of Service
All prices are in AUD.
- Video to DVD Transfer Only - $20.00 per hour of video, charged in blocks of 1 hour
(ie. it is $20.00 whether it is 10 mins or 60 mins)
- Video to DVD + Editing - $40 per hour of video - for example, if your video contains
2 hours of video then the cost is $80 even if it takes us 3 hours to edit it). This
is also charged in blocks of 1 hour)
- Video Editing Service - $40 per hour of work (for example, if it takes us 3 hours
to edit your video then the cost is $120 even if the video was only 2 hours long).
Unlike the other two services this is charged in half hour blocks.
- Custom designed cover completely created by us - $20.00 .
- Editing design provided to us by the customer - $5.00.
- Postage - Please obtain a quote a based on the number and type of items we need to
send back to you. (Not applicable to those local to Cowra).
- The cost of anything we purchase specifically for your video will be charged at cost
price. Customers will be told what these charges will cost before the customer is
bound to pay for them.
To use this service please contact us by any method found on our Contact Us Page.
For those in Cowra township we will pick up and deliver your order at no charge.